Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Part Two: More news...

So...as I mentioned in the last post, we have a few more pieces of news. Here they are:

1) We got a laptop. It's really nice, red Dell and we have been talking about getting one for a long time but what finally made us take the plunge into buying it was news number 2.

2) WE ARE GOING TO SCOTLAND! YAY!!!! (imagine bagpipes playing in the background) Put on the kilts and get your forks ready for some hagus, because this December we will be moving to Aberdeen, Scotland and staying for two years!!!

Some of you may have known that we applied to Physical Therapy school there and well....they offered Mike a place early last week. (And can I just say that after a phone interview and a lot of correspondence, Mike rocked! They said they were really impressed by him which prompted them to offer him a spot so early!) Anyway, we have been somewhat unsure about it up until this point. There are A LOT of things to consider but after much research and a lot of talking, we feel like this what we need to do. It's funny how things work out in the end, because ever since we made the decision we have both felt sooo good about it and that this is where we need to go.

So...that is our most exciting news of the moment. I will probably be writing more about later but Mike officially sent his acceptance yesterday so I wanted to share the good news. It's official!

Just for fun, here are some pictures of the beautiful place we will be calling home.





20 comments:

Andrea said...

WOW! What an adventure! That is so exciting! Congrats on the application process going good and so quickly!

Dave and Hejdi Swan said...

OH my goodness!!! Scotland!?!?!?! And for two years! It's like you guys will be on a mission as a little family :) That is seriously SO exciting!! And I bet if Dave ever answered his phone or returned calls he would have had a heads up...tell Mike sorry :) But congrats and we are so excited for you guys!!

Marel and Tom Stock! said...

Yes. I'm ready for a similar adventure and am super jealous to hear that you are moving there... it's a dream... I'll hold on to the dream...

Valeri Finley said...

Oh i'm SO jealous!! We should have a family reunion at YOUR place this year! :-)

Kristi said...

OH MY! HOW EXCITING! Congrats to Mike and You! I am really excited for you...what a great experience you are going to have! I'm glad we have a little more time to hang out before you leave for TWO YEARS...to SCOTLAND!

Julie and Amos said...

Oh wow!! Congrats! You will have sooo much fun living over there and having quite the adventure. Next time we hop the pond we'll have to stop over for a visit. We sure will miss you once you leave!!

Colby said...

That's so awesome you guys! It's awesome to know where you are going and have some direction in your life! A thousand congratulations!

BriAnna Jenkins said...

Oh I am so jealous!! My brother is serving a mission in Scotland right now... Yay for Scotland!!

Unknown said...

that is amazing news!!! i am super jealous :)

Mrs. Gage said...

I add my congrats, too!

Becki R said...

YEAH! good for you guys! What an awesome experience...and I think you left out the part where you want me to visit you...but yes I would love to! (After seeing those pictures, that would decide it well for me!)

Moser Family said...

WOW!!! I am so excited for you guys and would love to come visit!! Will you still be there for the Olympics in London in 2012? How cool are you guys?! Can't wait to see you in the summer! ~Claire

Frances said...

WoW!!! Congratulations, that will be such a fun adventure for you guys! I bet you are so excited, I can't wait to hear more!

Heather said...

EMILY... We'll be neighbors. Okay, not really, but now we can visit each other and it will be so much fun! Call me! I miss you.

Jonathan and Laura said...

YAY for Scotland! I'm excited for you guys. I have only one wish, that Andrew comes back with a Scottish accent. Maybe Emily too.

Heidi and Ben Daniel said...

Wow...crazy...So exciting! What a beautiful place. And congrats to Mike :).

Andrea Jolene said...

Blaaaswweebbuuhhla Scotland! Jealousy. Mucho Jealousy. Ack - you will LOVE it. The wee one will have a Scottish BROGUE when he starts talking more. Precious. And super Congrats on the adventure.

MattJulieGavin said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so jealous! but so incredibly happy for you guys. that's going to be so fun. awesome!

Kristy Carpenter said...

How exciting!! Congrats! Now the big question is...when can I come to visit?!?!

Scott said...

I like Scotland for obvious reasons.