Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Yep...some more news from Scotland

I have been wracking my brain thinking of fun, cute, whitty, clever ways to explain what I am about to...but I just can't. My brain power just seems to be washed away these days. Mainly with thinking of fun activities for Andrew. Which makes me think...any suggestions of fun things to do with toddlers if your stuck in the house?

Anyway, so the reason I am writing this post is to say that we are super excited to report that I just had a doctors appointment today (because I have been feeling extremely ill, etc.) and it turns out that everything is going great with BABY # 2! HAH! That is right, I am not joking, turns out I am pregnant! We will be having a wee Scottish bairn and I decided that if it's a boy his first name will be William and his middle name Wallace. Mike doesn't like that idea so much...

YAY! We are surely excited and it does explain a lot of things for me...uncontrollable, ravenous cravings for things like Wendy's hamburgers and cheetos for one. Well, that is it. Although I do want to say that Andrew was super cute about it. Today, after the appointment I told him that he is going to be a brother and that mom has a baby in her belly as I patted my stomach and he look up at me and put his hand on my tummy and said, "ahhh, baby!" So cute! He will make such a great big brother!!!

27 comments:

Katie said...

Yeah! I'm so EXCITED for you guys and your almost new little wee one! Hooray! I'll try and figure out how to ship some cheeseburgers over...

About Me said...

Congrats! That's great news.

Mika McDaniel said...

Congrats Emily! That is so exciting!

Mel and Angus said...

Yeah! You could name him Angus or Hector or McKay (MuhKii). Very Scottish names indeed. William Wallace is still the best though!

Emily said...

Congratulations!!! That is wonderful!
I was wondering if you were pregnant when you posted about Wendy's, but then I realized I get cravings like that too (not being pregnant).

BriAnna Jenkins said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! That is so awesome!

Kara Lyn said...

Yeah for you!!! This is very exciting news. Now Andrew will have a play mate.

Unknown said...

Well congratulations!!! When is WW getting here? And p.s. I've been looking at flights...

Durrant said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! We are so happy for your cute family!

Andrea said...

YAY!! Congratulations!!

Gina said...

Congratulations!

Audra said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you!

Ryan and Erin said...

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan and Erin said...

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy said...

Andrew will be the BEST big brother ever!!! I have no doubt. Did the doctor give you a due date? I've got to put it on my calendar and plan my trip!!! :)

Julie and Amos said...

We are SUPER excited for you both! Congrats and Happy Nesting!!

Ralph & Debbie said...

Congrats you two i also wondered when you had the wendy thing going on as thats when i started missing british food was when i got pg! lol. But how fun and how nice no medical bills!!!!!!! Thats a plus right there. lol.

Unknown said...

YAY!! Congratulations!! Oh I'm so excited for you guys! If you were here I'd give you a huge hug! When are you due? You'll have to give me your address so I can send some cute baby stuff once you know if its a girl or boy! Congrats again! i miss you tons!! take care of yourself!

Josh said...

That's exciting news! Congratualations.

Becki R said...

I'm so excited for you!! Oh, I hope he/she comes out talking with a Scottish accent!

Kristy Carpenter said...

YAY!!!! How exciting!! Congrats!

Michelle said...

congrats dear!!!! i love the William Wallace idea. darling.

Myra said...

David says, "Cool! I hope that Emily is getting ok without hamburgers, and I hope you are doing ok there."

Congratulations! We are so excited for you!!!

Libby said...

Oh my goodness!!! Soooo exciting!!! A big congratulations, Em.

Heather said...

Emily! I just found your blog again! Great news! that is so exciting! I think that Andrew will be a great brother. I think it is hilarious you didn't even know! haha, you are so funny! Good luck, sounds like where you are is fantastic!

Chelsey said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That is totally awesome. I hope your baby has red hair, boy or girl. That is so cute about Andrew already being a nurturing older brother. Can't wait to hear the due date.

Elise and Cameron said...

Emily, I was so excited to see your comment on my blog! So I decided to check out your blog and this is the first post I read. Congratulations! How exciting! How fun to be living in Scotland, too. I hope all goes well for you and your family. So good to be back in touch a little bit.