Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sesame Street!

Today after I got Andrew all settled down, fed and ready for the day I flipped on the TV (for some background noise--I don't like it when it's quiet)and Sesame Street happened to be on. Andrew hasn't really ever watched TV, well..every now and then he'll catch a glimpse of a cartoon or funny commercial and it will make him laugh a little, but I've never prompted him to and I try not having it on too often in the day so we've never really explored it. Anyway, so I turn on Sesame Street and Andrew suddenly stops dead in his drool and looks up to the sound of Cookie Monster crunching cookies and gobbling cake. The kid bust up! Andrew has never really been a laugher, he does this cute little chipmunk giggle things but has only rarely done a full out belly laugh. Well, maybe it was the fuzzy, blue face or the silly chomping sounds but Andrew's new favorites are the Sesame Street characters.

I took this video to try and capture the laughing. It's not the best, he was laughing harder before but you can still get the idea.

We sure love this boy!
(P.S. Just ignore the mess...you know how it is. :-)

8 comments:

Becki R said...

That was cute! He sure thought that Elmo was pretty dang funny! I loved when you called out to him and he looked at you like, Mom, you are NOT as entertaining as THIS! hahaha

Janene Wilkey said...

fun...fun...good to see, hear that you love being a mom even after those pictures of mess in the crib

The Hansens said...

Soooooo cute!!! haha. That gave me a good laugh:)

Chelsey said...

That is really cute. What a fun laugh he has!

Anonymous said...

Nice Em! I am like you - I don't like the quiet so I turn on the tv but try not to too often so we're not tv junkies. I've never been able to find sesame street though! Quintin's fav is the mickey mouse clubhouse on disney. He always dances to the music. The cute boys just melt their mommies huh!

Jonathan and Laura said...

Very cute laugh. Remember when we watched Kung Fu Panda and Andrew laughed the whole time?

Wilson Family Blog said...

Oh my WORD!! That is SO CUTE!! Lol! What a cutie pie. I'm so glad I found your cute blog!! Hope everything's going well :)

w and w said...

Our little A loves them too! Those $1 Target books, she's nuts for em! Hence why I love Target. Makes my child happy for a cheap price. I'll take it! You have such a beautiful family!