Thursday, June 24, 2010

This Speaks To Me...

Alright. Sometimes I get tired of the penny-pinching grad-school student life (even if it is in Scotland, although that simple fact sure helps a ton). Don't get me wrong, SUPER grateful my hubs is doing what he loves and what he is good at AND for the fact that we even get to have this amazing opportunity to go grad school when I know not everyone gets that chance but...sometimes I just get a little tired of 650 sq foot living space, Ramen noodle meals and ghetto rigging cars. And in these moments I find myself daydreaming about that affordable starter home with the white picket fence and fixer-upper yard. Or that sweet little SUV that can hold my chunky stroller, soon-to-be-TWO car seats and provide enough shoulder room for all.

This being said, here is my confession: When I get in these little moods I sometimes look at used cars in the classifieds or browse my most favorite website, realtor.com. Just a little pick me up...it totally gets rid of the grad-school budget blues for a month or so until another one hits. Well, today I had a little case of it and as I was browsing some listings of cool family cars I came across this youtube video. It sang to me. I decided that someday I will rock my own swagger wagon. YO!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay! That is the awesomest ever! We have been dreaming of a swagger wagon forever. Colby's been stalking the news releases for updates and you need to check out the new 2011 Honda Odyssey. That's our wagon and we're going to call him Homer. Just the capabilities of the second row are amazing. It can hold up to three carseats side by side by side. Awesome! And the back folds down and the jockey console can be removed as well as hold a full size purse. Of course, we would not be disappointed if we ended up getting a Sienna. I can't wait to show this vid to Colby!

Andrea said...

I saw this a couple weeks ago and Love it!! haha. We might be getting ourselves a honda odyssey with this new babe coming. It's Casey's parents old one so we'd get a killer deal, and it's old (like a 97) but whatever. It would be nice to have the space. I must confess I also love to look at homes online. Oh, how I want to live in our own place!

Chelsey said...

That is so funny. I've never seen that before, but you can bet I'll be showing Andrew. Truman liked rocking out to the beat.

Frances said...

These comericals are so funny! I love her, she's hilarious!

Wilkey said...

Your little man is not so little anymore. Congrates with the second baby.