Saturday, December 8, 2007

Baby Update



(PICTURES: 5 months down, about 4 more to go...)
This last week has been pretty exciting because Mike and I learned the gender of our little "it". We just found out that we are having a....(imagine a drumroll here)......BOY!!!! YAY! Now we just need to find a name. We have a few that we like: Paul, Ethan, Andrew, Jonathan...but we still aren't sure yet. We will happily take any suggestions, so feel free to let us know what you think!!

(A little side note: The day after we learned the gender of out little man, Mike and I decided we could finally look at some baby things. So, went to Target and had a lot of fun checking out the little boy clothes and toys but then we made a HUGE mistake and started calculating the costs of strollers, high chairs, cribs, diabers, clothes, toys, etc. etc... At that point we both started to get a little freaked out and shell shocked so we decided to quit while we were ahead and went home without buying anything. However, a little later that afternoon my mom brought us a bag of goodies containing some very adorable baby boy clothes and toys. This made us feel a little better....thank heavens for wonderful gradparents!)

9 comments:

Kristi said...

You are looking so great Em, really! I am so excited for you guys and that little boy of yours. I like all the names you are thinking of...Andrew and Ethan are probably my top two on your list. Don't be too worried about the baby expenses just yet...luckily it is your first baby so with the baby showers and all, you won't have to buy a lot of it. Also, there are ways to find things cheaper...
I am just so glad you started this blog!

The Churches said...

I'm so glad we can officially add you as a link on our blog now! Your page looks great. Did you see that Becoming Jane is coming to DVD Feb. 12th? Finally an end to our waiting! I think this calls for a girls night.

Jonathan and Laura said...

Cute pictures Emily. You are a very cute pregnant woman. We have a blog too, if you want to check it out. jonathanlaura.blogspot.com. I'm so glad you guys have a blog now!

Raeanna said...

i just saw your blog and wanted to say hi and congrats on the pregnancy! we miss you guys! how's life going?

Moser Family said...

Wests! Hey, saw the link to your blog from the Church's. You look too cute Emily! We can't wait to see your little guy. And who knows, we may even get to meet him some day! Congrats on the baby! And hey, I want to come to the girls night and watch Becoming Jane!!!! So unfair!!!! :)

The Mattinson's said...

Hey Emily. I just came across your blog. I am happy for you. I remember the count down.

natalie said...

Hey Wests! COngrats on the baby! A boy? Wow! We love little baby boys. I am so glad you guys have a blog. We would love to stay in touch this way! Hope all is well!
www.quincynatalie.blogspot.com
Love,
Natalie Beal

Janni said...

i found your blog! you are so cute and pregnant. it was fun to see you a couple weeks ago at the stake Enrichment!

Anonymous said...

Word up ya'll?!?!
It's just me...alan. I'm just bored at work and wanted to say hi!! I'm not sure how I found this page...but i did! So...Hi!!
k, bye.