Sunday, February 17, 2008

It's been awhlile...







Well, it has been awhile and so I thought it would be good to update this thing on what's been going one lately and, predictably, the answer is not a whole lot. Mike and I are settled down into a pretty predictable routine of school, work and weekends and there really isn't a lot of new or exciting news. However, we did do a couple things out of the ordinary this week. On Thursday we celebrated Valentines day and it was very nice. Mike and I both had to be gone until later that evening so we celebrated it in the morning. Here's the story: I alternate days of when I have to go in early (6am) to work and usually on Thursdays I don't have to be in until later. However, I lied to Mike and told him that I had to go in early on Thursday so that I could get up and decorate the apartment without him suspecting it. At first it started out well but then for some unknown reason at about 6am I heard someone moving around and then Mike's voice at the top of the stairs asking if I was still here. Luckily Mike was still pretty dazed from sleeping so I rushed to the stairs and told him it was 5:30 and that we needed to go back to bed. He seemed pretty confused but after a little scuffle (I accidentally pushed him over in his stupor :-) ) I got him back to bed and then finished my little Valentines surprise. When he finally woke up at about 7:30 he came down and the apartment was decorated and breakfast was made and Mike was still surprised! So all in all it was a success! I also need to mention that Mike was very sweet and bought me a necklace. Most people who know me know that I don't really wear jewelry but I secretly love fun necklaces. Mike was right on and he bought me a really pretty necklace (not too fancy, just right) and every time I have worn it I get lots of compliments. Thanks Mike!!!

The other fun thing we thing we got to do was go to the BYU vs. UNLV basketball game on Friday night. Mike got a bunch of free tickets and so we went with some friends and had a fun time. At first I was a little worried because our seats were in the "nose beed" section but it turned out really well and we had a great view of the action. It was also pretty cool because BYU killed UNLV and beat them by about 20 points. Go cougars!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

What a cute little Valentine surprise...I can't believe it was a surprise after he woke up and all! It would have been a disaster if it would have happened in my house, I would have just had to order Tyler to bed until I was done(the surprise would have been over when he woke up)! :) Glad you are both doing so great.

Will and Wendy Richards said...

EMILY and MIKE....
LOVE the blog and....holy cow you're getting down to the last days. We're thrilled for you. Treasure those months of kicking. I miss em. We'd love to keep in touch and of course hang out for real!
www.willandwendyrichards.blogspot.com