Thursday, January 15, 2009

BONK!

A couple days ago Andrew was busy exploring our bedroom as I was putting away clothes in our closet. I swear I was keeping an eye him and, as usual, I had placed pillows around the varying "alert zones" in the room. Well, as I was putting away the last of the clothing I noticed that Andrew had crawled over to our dresser and was attempting to climb such an insuperable obstacle. No big deal, I had placed pillows in that area seeing as sharp corners were near. Well, about 3 seconds later I hear a little thump immediately followed by wailing. I knew he had hit his head but I didn't know on whatbecause of the pillows. I thought it was pretty secure. Well as soon as I picked Andrew up I noticed the largest, nastiest looking bump on his head and was shocked by how quickly it was swelling up and protruding from his already large forehead. At the center of his bump was a perfect purple dot, indicating that he had hit something small and somewhat pointy. Then I realized he had hit one of the iron handles on our dresser. It's insane, in order for that to have happened he had to hit it just right and I FELT (and still do) HORRIBLE! Seriously, what kind of a mother am I when I'm that close to him and he still gets such an outrageous injury. Poor little guy, he only cried for a minute and then acted happy again. I think I actually cried more than he did because of guilt and the fact that it looked so bad! He really is such a trooper but he sure looks like he's been to battle!

The culprit :(


The bump

9 comments:

Alicia said...

Wow! That's a big bump! Poor little guy...

Kristi said...

ouch! That looks really bad...these kids, they will find ways to get themselves hurt even when we think we are being extra careful and cautious!

Julie Neal said...

oh poor little guy! that had to hurt so bad! good thing kids are resilient.

Unknown said...

Oh, poor baby! Good thing they don't know enough yet to whine about it!

By the way, want to get together?

Unknown said...

We are free anytime except Tuesday. Just name the date and we'll make it work!

The Hansens said...

:( Poor little boy. That is too bad, it is quite the bump.

Gregg and Jaclyn said...

Awww, poor guy. That looks like a good one. I can't believe I held that boy when he was so new and now look how big he is.

Chelsey said...

Wow, that is quite the mark! Somehow, kids can find a way to get hurt when it seems impossible. I was always one of those kids. Get well soon, Andrew!

Jonathan and Laura said...

Emily, I still think you're a great mom! We hope everything is great with you guys!