Tuesday, January 20, 2009

We all know that kids say the darndest things…well so do adults.

Have you ever heard, or been part of, conversations that sometimes make you think, "What did he just say?" or "How come that came out of my mouth?" I know I have! This last week it seems like that happened more than usual and I kept track of the different comments made by those I associate with. I promise, NONE of them were meant to be mean, etc...it's just funny how things can stumble out sometimes!Enjoy! AND, please, if you have any you’d like to share, feel free!


“She’s a nice lady but her face is like a can of worms.”


“Emily, go over there and hand me that fustaris.”
“What’s a fustaris?”
“It’s whatever I want it to be.”
“Do you mean this thing?” (Said while holding up a spatula)
“Yeah, that’s what I said, a fustaris!”


“Mind if I take a chew?”
(Said when one lady asked another if she could try her cookie)


“Before you know it there is going to be black game show hosts and black TV announcers…all because of Barak Obama.”


“Listen, it’s not about how the spider kills the centipede, it’s about how the centipede chooses to deal with it.”

3 comments:

Chelsey said...

Emily, those are so funny. I probably have a million that I could contribute (probably some of my own), but nothing is coming to mind right now. I'll have to rack my brain and get back to you.

w and w said...

Ahh love it! Last night a friend of ours called Balsamic vinegar "balslamic vinegar" and really thought he'd been saying it right for years! Anyhow, how in the heck are you? Will you guys move out here, we miss the Wests!

Cameron and Shannon said...

Hey Em...How are you? I can't believe it's been so long since we've seen eachother. I mean really, what's up with that? What happened to our girls trip once a year? And I'm so jealous you and Libby got together.
We would love to do something ANYTIME! Seriously lets set something up! First of March works great for us. We'd be happy to drive up to Utah County or you would both be more than welcome in to our home here. let me know!