Thursday, February 26, 2009

Just feelin' grateful!

I don't quite know what it is, but for some reason over the last few days I have just been feeling extremely grateful. Grateful for EVERYTHING...for family, for friends. I just can't seem to find one reason to stay unhappy or sad. Sure I've had a few frustrating moments here and there but it isn't sticking.

Maybe it's the beautiful weather that is finally hinting of Spring or the fact that Mike continues to do exceptionally well in his busy classes AND I have gotten to see him more than we originally thought. Maybe it's because Andrew keeps growing and learning and making me so proud to be his mother! Maybe it's because I have been able to take peaceful strolls in the park and watch Andrew laugh as I push him in the swing. Maybe it's because I have recently run into several old friends or because I still keep in contact with so many others I love. Maybe it's because we finished our taxes and got a nice return. Maybe it's because my grandpa tells me the most colorful stories about training horses and winning races. Maybe it's because I am finally on top of dishes and laundry or perhaps it's because Andrew has been taking better naps.

Maybe it's because Costco is so handy or the woman at the check-out was so nice to me. Maybe it's because I have a sister-in-law on a mission and such fantastic in-laws and family members who are such great examples. Maybe it's because Mike actually bought me a flower (he hates flowers) or that he got me 'Charlie' and the Tarzan soundtrack for Valentines day. He remembered those things have a special meaning to me.

Maybe it's because I have so many fond memories in my life to keep my mind busy if it ever needs to wander. Maybe it's because fruit smoothies taste so good or because it feels so great when I finish Turbo Jam for the day. Maybe it's because I got to sleep in a little this morning or because Mike took out the trash on his way out. Maybe it's because I got some new mascara or because I have meals planned out for the rest of the week. Maybe it's because I did my visiting teaching this month and mine also came to visit me. Maybe it's because there are so many books to read and stories to tell or maybe it's because Andrew likes to bop to music. Maybe it's because of Josh Groban and John Schmidt or the small keyboard in our living room, where I can practice playing hymns.

Maybe it's for alarm clocks or imagination or the color green or freshly roasted vegetables, or for positive attitudes or kind words or conference talks or prayer. Maybe it's for blogging or away volleyball games or silly children songs or soccer, or for horses or hiking or for new goals and anticipation. I guess the point is that there are just so many things to be grateful for that I can't seem to keep from smiling. I'm glad this feeling has been with me and you know what, I think I'm going to invite it to stay.

6 comments:

Frances said...

This is a sweet post. I love your optimism, and miss talking with you. I hope the feeling does stay with you, it's a wonderful thing to have around. ;)

Becki R said...

GRACIAS! Sometimes I think we worry too much and we stop counting our blessings...thanks the for the friendly reminder and sharing what you are grateful for! (PS Every time I hear Tarzan songs I cry! Those darn, sweet, Ecuardorian kids)

Trent and Steph said...

This just made my day. You're so cute :)

Kristi said...

Such a sweetie! Way to be counting your blessings and being so positive!

Kristy Carpenter said...

Oh Em, I love that post. So uplifting :). I hope it does stay with you and that it can rub off on me. hahaha!

HoorayforHansons said...

What a beautiful post Emily! ♥