Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It's been 3 years already

Today is June 3, 2009 which means that exactly three years ago today Michael Richard West and myself got ourselves hitched! Yes, yes, that is right, today is our 3 year anniversary, and guess how we are celebrating it. GUESS!!!!

He's working from 6am-8pm and I'm bein' my baby's mamma. Which means we'll both be pretty dog-tired by the time he gets back, which means that anniversary day will most likely consist of a squinty-eyed game of Yahtzee followed immediately by some serious zzzzz's.

WHAT?! Oh yeah, that sounds fantastic to me (i know it's hard to sense sarcasm in bliggity blog posts so for the record, I am actually being serious.) Really, it's just nice to be comfortable and relaxed enough that we don't have to make a fuss. I mean, sure, we have both done little things for each other (write notes, send a cute little text here and there) but bottom line is...we're just dang happy to be married and,yes, while it is always nice to do a little celebrating (dinner and a movie or something)it's no big deal if we can't and it's just not necessary. We do have plans to go to the Sandy Aquarium this Saturday and we are using our anniversary for an excuse to do that but mainly it's because we think Andrew would love it.

Anyway, that being the scenario it's just kind of fun to see how we have evolved over the last three years. Last night Mike and I stayed up trying to make a list of all the things that have happened in our short three years together. The following is a few of the things we came up with:
-I graduated BYU
-Mike picked a major
-I got a job at the Utah County Health Department
-Mike worked at the HHP advisement center
-I got a second job (full-time) at BYU Independent Study
-Mike got a second job at another advisement center
-Mike had wrist surgery
-I stressed out over his wrist
-Mike's wrist healed
-I was grateful
-Mike got further in his schooling and picked up a couple jobs as an Athletic Trainer.
-We met a lot of good people and made a lot of good friends
-We traveled a lot (Moab, St.George, Hawaii, England twice)
-I got pregnant
-We had an amazingly cute little boy
-That little boy is now 1 year old
-I quit working full-time and Mike picked up a TON of hours at his multiple jobs(such a hard worker!)
-Mike got in to grad school
-I got really excited
In between all those things there has also been some weight gain, some weight loss, one major battle with a crib, three different apartments, the emergence of some gray hair, the loss of someone else's hair, a bunch of laughter, some bouts with crying (especially during the pregnant days), lots of fun and adventure, a bit of confusion and adjustments and a gigantic amount of HAPPINESS!

Mike it's fun to think about all we've been through and I look forward to all the rest to come. I couldn't have created a better person for me than you, and there has never been anyone who has made me laugh more or feel better. I sure do love you, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Here are some fun pictures of our last three years together (and a little extra too) :-)















7 comments:

Evan and Jeanette said...

Em - you are so dang cute! Happy Anniversary little love birds. Couldn't ask for a better sister, bro-in-law and nephew~

Mrs. Gage said...

Happy Anniversay! We love you three! We're resting during the unpacking! Good luck with your move!

Katie said...

Yea! happy anniversary you little rascals. it seems like only yesterday you were cutting Mike's hair back in our dorm...I'll send you the picture! Congrats you kids!

Becki R said...

Feliz Anniversario amiga! It seems like you guys have been through a lot in the last three years! What great memories! :)

Kristi said...

Wow, congrats! I loved what you wrote...so sweet...and worded so well! You should write a book! I also LOVED the pictures! Such a cute couple! I am so happy that you have your prince charming and that you are so happy.

ps I was looking at you pics thinking..."she is so pretty!" You're a babe!

Jonathan and Laura said...

Happy Anniversary you two! Reading this post made me really miss you guys! When will we see you again...?

Michelle said...

little em I love seeing your hair long! such beautiful long locks you have! (or had. can't tell how long ago some of those pics were taken)

I loved your post. It's so real and beautifully describes an authentic marriage and the journeys we live through with each other...especially when kids come into the picture.