Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Andrew post

I think I've been a bit of a downer on the blog lately, just venting about Andrew's tantrums and my hormonal mess of a self. Truly though, life is not that bad, it's great actually and Andrew is probably the best little boy I could have ever asked for. It's funny, Mike and I were talking and we decided the reason this whole tantrum phase has thrown us for a loop is simply because he has been so ideal up until now. As a baby he was always so pleasant, honestly never cried unless he was hungry or poopy and so I got really used to having such an easy going child. But, hey, he is two and although the bad things do happen, they seem worse because of my pregnancy self and amidst the notty things, he sure does a lot of amazingly cute, wonderful things too. And he is smart, I swear the kid says something new everyday! Some of my recent favorites are:

"Mommy, swimming in watah today?!" (This is something he asks almost every hour. We have taken him swimming a couple times and it certainly seems to be his favorite activity at the moment.)

"Baby in dere. Kisses for baby." (All said while pointing to, and then kissing,bump)

His vocab is really coming along and he can communicate most things now...sometimes it takes me awhile to figure out what he means, but he's found ways of expressing it!

He loves being outdoors and breaks for the front door any chance he can get. He also loves to play "football" with Mike (although, much to Mike's annoyance Andrew calls is 'soccer' due to my influence, LOL)He hates showers and vegetables, but loves tickling, counting games, matching games and puzzles. He also loves to help me cook meals and constantly asks to brush his teeth.

The following are some pictures of the fun things we have been up to, specifically for Andrew, over the last few months.

Storybook Glen
There is this lovely children's place nestled in some of the hills about 5 min from our house. It's HUGE! And it's basically a park filled with statues of different storybook characters where the kids can go climb and play on them. There are a few little castles within the grounds, a farm, a couple parks and countless storybook characters! We have been three times and we still haven't seen all they have to offer! It's been a lot of fun. The following are some of our adventures.

Cinderella


Mike's feelings about Barney


This is the old lady who lived in a shoe. Sometimes I can relate to how she feels.


There was a little place in the Glen that was sectioned off as the Troll Kingdom. So fun, you walk through a bridge and the next 1/2 mile is nothing but little troll houses and troll villages. Andrew loved it.

Troll bridge


Andrew made a friend


Stopped to have a nice conversation with the locals. Andrew helped to cook.


Me and the bubble belly troll on the look out.


Leaving the kingdom. We all agree that it's a little bitter-sweet to leave.


This is a proper highland "coo" (cow).


Andrew chasing chickens


Andrew LOVES trucks and tractors


Cinderella's castle


There is a beautiful river trail that Andrew and I like to walk through at least once a week. Sometimes we stop to play in the water.



Sitting on a rock to eat lunch


Som fun around the house:

Andrew is a robot


Andrew eating chocolate--This was from Easter. I know it's a long time ago but I forgot to post these pics. It was hilarious. We let him find some Easter eggs around the house (it was rainy outside)and he had sooo much fun doing it...almost as much fun as eating the chocolate.


Andrew in a little Easter Hat when we went to visit is great-grandma English.


Love this boy!

6 comments:

Mel and Angus said...

I love the Barney picture and the spanking pictures. Those are great! I never made it to Storybook Glen with my grandson and now I am sad that I didn't after seeing your post.

Unknown said...

Such cute pics! love the pics of Andrew as a robot and eating a chocolate egg, so cute! By the way you look tiny! I just hope i look that little whenever i'm pregnant :) Miss you tons!

Andrea Jolene said...

Storybook GLEN!!??! I... wha... it... ME!

Durrant said...

Looks like you guys are having a great time out there! Such fun pics! Your belly is super cute! So excited for you guys!

Dave and Hejdi Swan said...

OH wow...I'm so jealous of the storybook glen, and I can't believe how grown up Andrew is looking!! He's going to be such a good big brother :) We miss you guys too, and are sad you won't be here for the Swan Birthday Bash in Aug! ha I decided to combine Lily's 1st bday and Dave's 30th all in one, since they are a week apart! But I will post pics. Love you guys!!

Cindy said...

Can I take Andrew to Storybook Glen when I come? It looks like so much fun!!!