Saturday, May 24, 2008

I've been tagged...

One of my cool friends, Andrea, tagged me (my first time being tagged...oh my, how exciting) so I am excited to fill out the questions. Here goes:

What was I doing 10 years ago?
10 years ago... that would make me 15...15! Holy cow all of a sudden the realization that I am 25 just hit...25 is not old, it's NOT! Anyway, at 15...I would like to say that at 15 I was active in community projects, a good member of society, popular in my class and an all around go-getter BUT in reality when I was 15 I was just over the "greasy years" and starting to appreciate the value in good hygiene and deodorant (I know...sick, I was a late bloomer). Also, my time was most likely occupied by my desire to look cool, figure out more about myself (I learned through experimentation with my friends that I can do a great Scary Spice impersonation) and figure out how to get boys attention (even though I would have denied that till the end). Oh...what horrific and hilarious memories!

5 years ago?
That would make me 20. 20 was a good year for me...by this time I figured out what I wanted (really wanted) in life and my showering habits were (and are) well established. Also, when I was 20 I finished my first and last year at BYU-Idaho (where I met my future hubby, although I didn't know it at the time) and I lived in
Quito, Ecuador for about 3 months to take care of orphans! That was one of the most learning and growing times of my life....I loved year 20!

5 months ago?
Christmas time...was that really only 5 months ago? Well, at Christmas time I was about 6 months pregnant and Mike and I went to
England to see his parents. What a great adventure that was and OH how I love, love, love England! The landscape, the shoppes, the history, the accents, the "football", the food and, most importantly, the family there! I also enjoyed the fact that I still got paid while I was gone....I love vacation time...LOVE IT!!!

5 things on my to-do list today:
1-Take a shower....please, I need to take a shower...BAH!
2-Feed baby, change baby, dress baby, play with baby. Repeat cycle multiple times throughout the day. (Folks, this will be the BULK of my day by far)
3-I would LOVE to read a little from Inkheart (the current book I'm reading).
4-Pack up some stuff and start cleaning the apartment (we are moving in a week).
5-Sit down and eat a meal...not just sporadically shove food in my mouth while the baby is content.

5 Snacks I enjoy:
-Junior Mints (I'm right here with you on this one, Andrea)
-Popcorn, not just any kind though...it needs to be movie theater popcorn with extra butter, that's right, lard!!!
-Crackers and cheese (good, stinky cheese like feta or brie)
-Fruit snacks. Any will do but I most often like the cheap, Kroger brand the best.
-Mandarin oranges from a can or a good vegetable cup with ranch dressing


5 things I would do if I was suddenly a billionaire:
1-Tithing and savings/invest for future (I know, sounds sorta boring but really, that's what comes to my mind first)
2- Pay off school and any debt for ourselves and family
3-Buy a home...a nice home. Not too fancy but preferably one that is set on some land with a little pond and enough room to have horses.
4-Travel with the family. Go to crazy-cool places like
Ethiopia, Figi, Jerusalem, Tonga, Istanbul...you know, SEE the world!
5-I would love to set up some sort of organization that helps distribute money and teach skills to people in need (both within and without the U.S.), sort of like a mix between micro credit programs and the perpetual education fund. I'm not sure exactly how that would work but that is one of my ambitions!

5 of my bad habits:
1-I bite my fingernails and crack my knuckles
2-I have a hard time returning calls (I'm really trying to get better at this, but I often get busy and forget about it till a couple days later....it's a HORRIBLE habit)
3-I'm not very good at writing my little brother who is on a mission (yeah, he doesn't write back but it's still no excuse)
4-This is a recent one but I like to peel off the little dry, flaky skin on my baby. I just want him to look clean and well-groomed, OK?!
5-I pick my lips, yeah...sounds weird but any time I'm nervous or I'm concentrating on something, I tend to pick at my lips and make them bleed a little. (I'm a bit embarrassed by this one)

5 Places I've lived:
1- Michigan (I was born here, I count it)
2- American Fork, UT
3-Rexburg, Idaho
4-Quito, Ecuador (I totally count this)
5-Provo, UT

5 Jobs I've had:
I've had a lot of jobs so I'll just pick my top 5
1-Public Health Educator (helping people quit smoking, excellent job!)
2-Front Desk Assistant at Independent Study (this job kept me on my toes and I was ALWAYS busy, I liked that fast-paced atmosphere...most of the time)
3-Secretary for the Health & Human Performance Advisement center at BYU...best student job in the world...the WORLD.
4-Medical Assistant (the doctor I worked for was nutty and I eventually quit but it was a great learning experience and weird as it may be, I really enjoyed giving shots and drawing blood)
5-Concession worker at Water Gardens Cinema 6. Remember how I said I LOVE movie theater popcorn and junior mints? Well, these items were in abundance AND they were free at this job...need I say more?

5 things people don't know about me:
1-Although I wish I was, I am NOT crafty in any way, shape or form. I try...but I'm not very good at all.
2-I love corny Latin music...the cheesy kind with horns and a maracas that you often hear blaring at construction sites.
3-I don't have my ears pierced. Just decided not to.
4-I know how to cut boys hair...I learned on my brothers and I still do it for my husband. I'm no professional but I'm not horrible either!
5-I hate, hate, hate spiders...abhor them! I honestly think that it's so bad it could be classed as a phobia, but I literally cry and curl up in a ball if I know one is in the apartment and my husband isn't here to get it...stupid, yes! I know it's irrational but I am petrified of them!!!


Well...that was fun! Now I am going to tag Morgan, Kristi, Laura, Chelsea, Meredith, Angie and anyone else who wants to do it. It's fun!! :-)





7 comments:

kenders said...

I learned a lot about you! :) I enjoyed reading your comments on our blog. I didn't know you hate spiders that much. I'm not too fond of them either. J is the insect keeper and the throw up cleaner in our home because I can't handle either one of them. Yuck!

shaggynpoopy said...

Em...please take a shower!
Ha, so glad you're doing well.
Where are you moving to?
-Tiff

w and w said...

We loved visiting you two. And what a sweethart your little boy is. Em, I saw it your a natural mother. If you can handle the first few weeks like you did, you've got it made!

Andrea Jolene said...

GOod times! It took me far to long to read this. Or rather, it too RUSH dying down for me to realize there is life outside of BYU IS. Do you still want my bike? Cause I want to give...well not give...I want to sell it to you. Sell Sell. BABY! I wanna see baby!

Chelsey said...

I loved reading all the nitty gritty details about you. I miss you guys so much. You are so much fun. How's life in American Fork? How's baby Andrew?

Mango said...

I miss you! Can we please catch up? Call me when you are available!

Jonathan and Laura said...

It was nice learning so much about you Emily. How is Andrew doing? Oh, and what is your email address?