Saturday, May 3, 2008

Update








So, I first just wanted to thank everyone for all your kind comments and for the immense amount of help we have received since little Andrew was born. I am so overwhelmed by how wonderful everyone has been with dinners and just coming by to visit! Thank you sooo much, it means a lot to Mike and I!

Well, I wanted to write a little and just say how much I am LOVING being a new mom. I also wanted to say that it is so fun seeing Mike as a daddy...he is a natural and he so patient and loving to Andrew...possibly one of the sweetests things I have ever seen. I also think I am possibly the luckiest new mom in the world because Andrew is such a good baby. Here are the reasons why:
1) He sleeps practically through the whole night! I'm not joking!!!! Typically he goes to bed at about 11 and wont wake up until arounf 5 or 6 am! Now...I (on the other hand) am still a bit paranoid so I will often wake up and feed him anyway but, if I left it up to him...he would sleep all night! (Ehem...here is a little caviot: I know that he may grow out of this but right now it is shere bliss)

2) He never cries...unless naked! Yep...he will wimper if he's hungry and fuss if he is gassy but once those problems are fixed he is content and happy. Now...if I take off his clothes to change his diaper or give him bath he will definately scream (but even then, it's not like a raging cry...more like and angry "Why would you do this to me" kind of thing). But really...not bad at all!

3) He is cute, cute, cute! Those who know me have heard me say that often, new borns can be sort of alienish in their appearance. I did not think it would be any different with my little man but I was wrong (at least in my mind). He had NO conehead, no bruising...just a little squishy face wich has since started to fill out and seriously (I know I'm his mom but...) he is adorable!

4) He cuddles--I know that this is a trait for all newborns but, man, is there anything better?!

5) He eats great---So I was extremely nervous about breast feeding but it has been great. Aside from the infection I just got over, it hasn't hurt and Andrew it a spectacular eater. He will usually eat about 3-4 ounces every 2-3 hours and he stays very happy. (He will most likely become a chubber, but...hey it's more to live and cuddle)

Anyway, those are a few of the reasons why I think he is the greatest!

Mike and I are doing great and I am feeling better and better as the days go by. Labor was not too bad. I did have two false alarms (meaning I went to the hospital twice and they sent me home) but third time was the charm and I was able to stay. Once I was admitted it only took about 6 hours until he came (and only 4 contractions to push him out). All in all I feel so extremely blessed that everything as went as well as it did. I know it's not like this all the time and I am so grateful for the ease it has been thus far (although I know it will most likely get harder). I love being a mom and Mike loves being a dad...it is a great time!!!!

Above are some pictures for your veiwng pleasure :-)




11 comments:

Mango said...

You are right he is adorable! I miss you guys already! Remind little Andrew often how much Aunt Morgan loves him!

kenders said...

You are a lucky mom! I know plenty of moms that don't have that same luck. Enjoy it! :)

Unknown said...

he is such a cutie!! You and Mike seem to have fallen into your roles terrificly...I can't believe he already sleeps so long...I hope Andrew can give our Ezekiel some lessons ;)

Frances said...

oh i love you guys!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Em I love all the things you love about him! He is adorable and I am jealous that he likes to cuddle... not all newborns do, quintin doesn't like feeling restricted like that.

The Mattinson's said...

Congrats on the new mom thing!! Being a mom is the greatest thing ever. Every stage will be your favorite!

Andrea Jolene said...

Cute cute cute. IS misses you. WE mostly miss your skillz.

Julie Neal said...

Emily! Little Andrew is so cute! What a precious little baby! What a fun time you and your husband are having raising him. He is so little! Congrats! :)

Cameron and Shannon said...

Libby and I want to come visit you this week or next week but for some reason I have like 5 phone numbers of yours and I'm not sure which to use. Can you email me. I want to see little Andrew in person, he is so adorable!

Unknown said...

hey,
we are going private on our blog, so if you could comment me or send me your email so that i could send you an invite that would be great :)

Rachael said...

Hey emily! Man we miss you! I am so happy and excited for your little family though. Andrew is adorable. he's definitely not an alien if it makes you feel better. I'm sure you're such a great mom! Brady and I want to come visit. call me!