Monday, November 17, 2008

Eating is an Event

Andrew is doing great with baby foods and has even started eating rice cereal and jars of mashed whatever about two times a day! To be honest, I don't really know if his current feeding habits are considered what is "best" but I do know that he sure loves his food and it seems to really fill him up too! Anyway, a couple of days ago I was feeding him and he was being so funny I took some pictures. The following is fairly typical of his daily feedings:

This is ALL his food laid out and ready to go. I found that it is extremely important to be ready and prepared when you have a hungry Andrew on hand because if you are too slow in between shovel fulls then you just might anger the little fella.

This is Andrew all strapped in and ready to go. This is the best picture I could get because there was no way he was going to smile with an empty tummy! (NOTE: Special thanks to Merel Stock for the bib...I find it quite hilarious!)



On the menu...We have for the starter, rice cereal. Here we see that Andrew has thoroughly enjoyed it but he is not yet satisfied so on the the main course...

... peas. Ahhh, this is getting better, see the happy face? He is definitely on his way to being happy and full...the way an Andrew should be.

For dessert we clean him up and give him a few strawberry and banana rice puffs. You can't really see them in this picture but they are there! (probably in Andrew's mouth)


Here is the display after the feeding is done! Lot's to clean up, but notice how Andrew is eager to help out!

After that I make him a bottle (about 4 ounces) and then he is one happy camper! Here is Andrew all fed and ready for bed!

DONE! Andrew is a good eater and he has been from day 1. We are lucky and we sure love him!

8 comments:

Kristi said...

What a cute picture of little Andrew all happy and full! Lucky lil' man...a three course meal!
You are a cute mom, Emily!

Trent and Steph said...

Your posts crack me up. I love reading them and Andrew is SOOOO cute :)

Gregg and Jaclyn said...

I can't believe that is the little guy i was holding a few months ago. He is so big and looks like such a cutie. I always think it is so fun when they start eating more and more things. (At least the things you want them to eat.)

Brad and Jana said...

What a cute little guy! My Talon is quite the angry man till his tummy is full! Cardon is a little more patien, thank goodness! I can't get over how handsome he is!

Durrant said...

He is getting so big! He is adorable!

w and w said...

Em.. I love him more each time. I think he looks so much like you! Isn't feeding your little one so much fun? Keep having a blast. We miss you .

Amy said...

Andrew is so cute. Seriously. Not all kids are as cute as their parents think:) But Drew... now he's good lookin'. Feeding babies thus far has been both wonderful and dreadful for me:) I'm still trying to let go and be okay with HUGE messes to clean up. So dumb, but I seriously hate trying to get stains out of clothes, carpet, couches, etc!

Chelsey said...

Andrew is such a cutie. I love that you took us through all the courses. This is a good wake up call to me so I know what lies ahead. I'm taking notes...