Thursday, November 6, 2008

A very touching video

This is a music video that my friend, Stacey, showed me the other day. I was deeply touched by the message and couldn't stop from crying (yeah, I know, I'm a bit emotional). Anyway, it just really made me think about how blessed I am to have a family and how I truly believe it is the most important and fundamental unit that I could ever be a part of. At the same time, I also recognize, and mourn with those, who may not be able to have children on their own. I could never imagine how truly heartbreaking that must be but I am also very hopeful! Years ago I took a once- in-a-lifetime opportunity to live in Ecuador for several months to take care of orphaned children. I loved them as much as I love my own son now. I mention that because I know how much children everywhere need loving homes and that it is a most precious blessing for us to provide these innocent souls with that ever important vital relationship. (Whether it is through adoption or through having them on our own.)

Also, with all the controversy and politics lately about what exactly a family is, I really do feel like I want to state loud and clear how I know that children will be greatly influenced by a loving mother and father and that this is how God intended it. I believe that family is a most essential part of this lives and, without a doubt, it brings more happiness than anything else on this earth. So…thanks to all my families! To my mom, dad, siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents, to Paul, Roz, Matt and Liz and to Mike and Andrew, I love you all so very much! Thank you for the gift that it is to be a part of your lives.

WARNING: You may need tissues while watching this video.




3 comments:

KasiaJ said...

I totally cried. Thanks for posting that video, I'm glad I got to see it.

Chelsey said...

Emily, just so you know, you should put that "Warning" at the beginning of your post. Some of us unsuspecting browsers will press PLAY and start reading your post (and start crying) long before we ever catch glimpse of that warning. That was a really touching post. I like to think that I am more emotional that usual because my baby will be here any day now. What a perspective I will keep as I'm going through labor.

Andrea said...

I LOVE this video. I saw it a couple months ago and completely relate to all the infertility and literally would die to be a mom. Now I am, and feel so blessed to be. Thanks for sharing!