Thursday, February 4, 2010

Recovering fast food addict?!?!

I have never wanted a Wendy's hamburger more than I do this very second. The smell of the pickles and the onion (even though I HATE onions), the cheap imitation cheese, the square patty of american beef, nestled between a soggy tomotoe and crunchy lettuce. The squishy, fortified white bun is smeared in kethcup, mustard and mayo...mmmmmmmmmm! I can almost taste it, I can almost smell it...I can almost hear the crinkly sound of me unwrapping it from its greasy red and white paper while I take in the comforting aroma of warm burger goodness. I want it so bad right now it hurts. I want it with fries and a soda and a mini frosty. I want to gobble it down in a matter of minutes and feel that amazing satisfied relief the can only come when a craving of this magnitude is relieved. It's gnawing at me. It's making me crazy!!!! I have NOTHING in the house that comes remotely close. I tried cooking a frozen egg roll. Discusting. I tried eating a peice of chocolate. Insulting. I tried making a ham sandwhich. My stomach churned. I have no beef in this house! There are NO, repeat...NO hamburger joints in my village and I don't have a car. The closest thing is the "Ploughman...A real pub!" down the street. They serve mutton chops.

There is a McDonalds in the city, but I don't have a way there....beleive me I would drive the 35 minutes if I could! I feel so lonely and gnawingly depraved of my comfort food. Curse you Scotland! I just want a cheap American hamburger!

Ok, Scotland, I take that back, I don't curse you. But I do curse the fact that I have this incredibly overcoming craving that will not go away! I feel like a drug addict without his heroine...this is beyond sad. I know.

SIGH....for now you will remain a fond dream.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

This makes me laugh! I remember talking with you and you said that people go through withdrawals and now you are. :) Sorry, not funny, but still so funny. Put some more pictures on when you can. I love seeing what life is like for you guys now.

Ralph & Debbie said...

I went thought the same thing when i moved to the us. I was soon pg and all my cravings were for british fish n chips and cockney pie mash. It almost drove me insane. It never went away too. 25 years later i can make pie mash from stratch but have given up finding fish n chips here, they all say they have british fish and sick no way!!!! I just got back from england as my mum passed away, we were blessed to have her here with us for the month of dece, which was a miracle as the docs had said she wouldnt live to see christmas. She went home on the 28th dece and had to enter the hospital on jan 2nd and passed away jan 11th. I had my flight booked to go out but didnt make it in time. Its been very hard. But back on the subject of food!! I do eat alot of fish n chips when i visit over there to the point i drive my dad nuts, lol. But hamburgers i could easily live without. lol.

Info for you said...

You silly girl! Call me. I'm always up for a burger!
Burger King I think actually has a better burger here than McDonald's.
Fancy going today?

Unknown said...

oh if i could send you a wendy's burger i would!! funny how we crave certain fast food when it's no where around.

Cindy said...

We'll take you out for a burger when we get there!!! :)