Sunday, May 2, 2010

Andrew's Birthday

Finally, here are some pictures of Andrew's birthday. Honestly in all the hustle we really didn't get that many great picutres but at least it gives you an idea. We decided to throw a little low-key party with our friends. My dear friend Camille was nice enough to let us use her house (couldn't plan on a park, the weather is too fickle) and we decided to have cupcakes and eat hot dogs.

I wanted to do some kind of kids activity but we ended up just letting them all run around and play with toys and balloons...I mean, you try organizing games for a bunch of 2-3 year olds! A lot of friends came which was fantastic and even though we said NO PRESENTS, Andrew still got some fun toys that he really, really enjoys. Andrew had a ton of fun so thanks everyone for the great time!

Here is Andrew opening one of his gifts...can you guess what it is? (That is Camille in the background, she is the best!)




Here is a picutre of people gathered around while we ate hot dogs and I passed out cupcakes. *NOTE: So...I sent MIke to the store to get hot dogs thinking, surely it won't be a problem! Well...Mike asked the lady at the store where American style hot dogs would be and she lead him to this big tin with a picture of what appeared to be hot dogs. Well, the tin can should have been the first clue that these were certainly not what we would consider "normal". But Mike bought them anyway and we thought it really couldn't be that bad. Well, turns out these puppies were a soggy messs of processed meat covered in a gelatinous goo! Honestly, the guys grilled them and they stuck to the grill and basically disintegrated and yes, we still tried to serve them. I owe everyone a huge apology for that! They were honestly one of the sickest things I have every allowed to touch my tounge. I later learned that if you want a decent hot dog in Scotland you need to look for packaged frankfurters...dont ask for hot dogs!!! YUCK!




This is Jimmy, Camille's son and Andrew LOVES to play with him...Jimmy is so good about teaching him fun new games using swords and sticks.


After the party we took Andrew home and let him eat some more cupcakes (after dinner of course). Here are some pictures.





He is a happy boy!


Here is Anderw showing off his birthday spoils. MIke and I got him a trike and his friends gave him: building blocks, balls, a cool cars flashlight, a great book and a bubble maker. He loved them all!


Andrew trying out his new bubble blower, notice the spilling liquid.


Here is the big present from me and Mike. We decided to get him a trike because we took him to toys 'r' us once and let him run around to see what he was most interested in. Well, it turns out the trikes were his number 1 favorite thing, we couldn't get him to leave...so of coruse, that's what we decided to get him. Well...a few days before his birthday he actually found the box and got really excited saying "bike, bike!". Well we dodged that bullet, distracted him and hid the box in a better place but by this point Mike and I were certain he would be extatic when he woke on his birthday morning to find his new toy in the living room.

On his birthday, before he woke up, I blowed up some balloons and put them on and around the bike for decoration. When Andrew woke up Mike lead him in and the first thing Andrew's says is..."BALLOON!" He loved the balloons, he ran over picked them up started laughing and throwing them around. He could have cared less for the bike. WHAT!?!?!

I guess we learned that the next time we celebrate a two year old birthday we will go cheaper and buy them loads of balloons!



P.S. He now loves his bike and can't wait to ride it every day (phew!)

The last thing we got to have fun with happened a few days after his birthday. My mom sent a great birthday package full of fun goodies for Andrew. He had so much fun opening all the gifts and has been playing with all the toys non-stop. His favorite things are the big punch balloons (of course) and some toy dinosaurs. Thank you mom and dad, it made his birthday all the more fun! (Sorry I have no pictures of that, I tried posting them and for some reason it won't let me. After trying literally 10 times I gave up and just decided to post this anyway. Mom, I will try emailing you the video and pictures we took! )

4 comments:

Evan and Jeanette said...

Em! Thanks for posting pics. Looks like Andrew had a lot of fun! Miss you tons. I apologize for being so MIA - I blame end of the school year craziness. We need to Skype soon!

Unknown said...

Andrew looks like such a big boy now! Crazy how fast they grow up!

Cindy said...

Thanks for the pictures!! He does look like he had a great time. Give each other big hugs for me, o.k? I love you guys!!! :)

Chelsey said...

What a fun party and ewww how gross about the hot dogs. Props to you guys for having the guys to try and cook them up anyway.

That is really funny about how Mike didn't even care about the bike on his birthday...I'm sure I did that sort of thing to my parents a lot when I was little and now our kids are getting back at us by doing the same thing. I'm glad you are having fun...we miss you guys!