Thursday, May 20, 2010

Poor Andrew

Andrew woke up sick today. He has a fever, a runny nose, a major case of the ornery's and nothing really seems to help. He watched cartoons this morning,we played a little with his blocks and then I took him outside for a bit. He actually enjoyed being outside, the fresh air felt nice but it didn't last long. We came back and I made him lunch which he did not eat (he did not eat breakfast either). So I gave him a Popsicle and we read some stories. He took a nap which only lasted an hour and then the cycle started all over again. He is currently watching Blue's Clues. Medicine seems to help a little but he WILL NOT let me snuggle with him and screams NOOOO whenever I try (sigh...he was only snuggly for the first three weeks of his life). I think I will try and take him out again in a bit...TOOO much TV is making me crazy!!! Afterward I'll see if I can force some soup down him then on to a bath and bed.

Poor kid...what do you do to help a sick toddler?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Humidifier helps us; lavender scents help keep him calm; you could play games with him in the crib (like peekaboo); gatorade is Jack's drink of choice when sick; usually it's just the simple things like peekaboo, throwing a ball in the air, watching his cars roll down a ramp do the trick; stacking things; reorganizing them helps him...at night we go for Benadryl allergies...good luck! It's tough!

Cindy said...

Oh, my poor Andrew-boy! Give him a hug for me. Should I send some Benadryl with Jeanette when she comes? I know it won't help for now but it might be good to have some in stock! Love you!!!

Andrea Jolene said...

I have no advice. I know what to do with a cat with ear mites though should you ever wonder. Also - he's still seriously one of the cutest kids I've ever seen... even sickly. Little fella!

Mel and Angus said...

Awww, poor baby! He looks miserable . . . so good luck with that!!