Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Alright here is some stuff...

So I decided to show, rather than tell, about our recent adventures. So, with a few captions here and there the next few posts will tell the story of our lives in photographs. Enjoy!

A brambling we will go! Among many other things, Scotland is phenomenal for berry picking...WILD berries. Seriously, they grow right outside...look!

This time we found raspberries




But the most common are blackberries (i.e. "brambles") We filled buckets...buckets, of this delicious "weed" (they think it's a nuisance here). That is why I included not one...but TWO pictures. Just wanted to illustrate the BUCKETS (plural) we picked. So cool...OH! And those little red berries are some wild strawberries. I know, right!?!




We mainly use our spoils for smoothies, but I tried a few other things too.

Raspberry chocolate pavlova



I attempted jam







Looks good, right? Well, good thing you can't taste it. It was NASTY...guess I used too much sugar. Sigh...I am determined to do better next time.


We go on a lot of walks. See!







We were in some woods and happened to come across someone's private castle. I mean, c'mon, that is pretty cool!






Sorry some of those pictures are blurry...it was because on those days it was rainy.

More to come soon...

4 comments:

Kristy Carpenter said...

Yay! I love seeing lives through pictures! Looks like you are doing great!

Pack-it-In! said...

I love this! By the way, I just started a blog...
I love you and miss your face!

Rachel Sorber said...

Fun! Wow--you have picked some serious brambles! I haven't picked one yet this year! Although we did take in quite a haul with the raspberries... You inspire me (as always!).

Info for you said...

Tons of brambles! that is so cool. I tried to can pears and they were a disaster so at least I'm not alone :D
I MISS YOU guys!!