Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A GRANDIOSE POST!

During my little blogging hiatus a lot of stuff happened and I regret not documenting it with pictures. So the following is meant to be that documentation and...really to humor me. However, please feel free to scan on through and I apologize if it's a bit boring. FYI: the following things haven taken place from August to current.

Mike "graduated"! He is officially done this December but back in August he went through the whole walking ceremony! We are so proud of him! This is a picture of Mike and I with Gale--she was one of our employers at BYU and we love her!


This is Mike and one of his Athletic Training professors, Ty Hopkins.


The extended family! Thanks for all the support!


The little family!


My extraordinarily handsome and dashing younger brother left on his mission to Seattle, Washington. He has now been out for about four months and we miss him terribly but I know he is a fantastic missionary. I have never known anyone so well prepared for this step. What an example!!!

This is my other handsome and dashing brother, Steve, with Alan. Yes ladies...he is single! :-)


My Papa...he is a great guy!


Oh! How did that get in here? Me and Aaron, just being ourselves!


The missionary man himself...doesn't he look dapper?


ANDREW! Just some fun, typical Andrew things:

One day Mike and I were in the bedroom putting away laundry and we noticed that Andrew had gotten really quiet. Any parent knows this is usually a bad thing. So we went to the living room to investigate. And this is what we saw: Andrew just finishing a whole plate of brownies that our neighbor had brought over!


Well, since he ate so much junk we decided to give him some healthy tomato soup. But...


It got pretty messy so we let him finish it in the shower. :-)


Andrew is a DADDY's boy no question about it! He will often snuggle with Mike, but heaven forbid if mom comes near. :-)




Andrew loves his duck blanket. He has this routine in the morning where he MUST wrap it around his shoulders and run around. This particular morning he decided to suck on daddy's toothbrush holder too. So much fun!




Andrew playing soccer outside. Once we went out, it was a lot colder than we realized so Mike grabbed one of his work shirts (since he happened to have it in his hands) and put it on Andrew. This lovely ensemble was the result. I think it should be the new wave in soccer uniforms, don't you?


Photo-op! I sure do like these soccer playin' boys!


Dialing on the cell phone--CHECK, Wearing comfy slippers---CHECK. It looks like there is a mini-Mike in our house. :-)


Andrew loves to go swimming. We are so sad the kiddie pool is closed!


Our little professor...pehaps he will follow in his grandpa Moody's footsteps. He sure looks the part!


We had a lot of fun with our garden this year! IT took a lot of work to get it going, but our harvest was fantastic. Here are a few photos from that:

Ahhh...the finished product!


Andrew helping to harvest our cucmbers and beans!


Here is a bag full of vegetable goodies!


I was trying to get a picture of Andrew holding some of our spoils but this was the best I could get. Notice his hand position...he just threw a tomato on the ground where it splattered to bits!


During conference weekend we picked my grandpa's grapes so we could can some yummy grape juice. Andrew was a big help! He picked up all the grapes that dropped to the ground and put them in the bucket


What better way to end a day of harvest than running around...the boy doesn't stop!


There were a few weeks here when the weather got super cold and, yes, even snowy. During that time we tried to do lots of thing to get us out of the basement (I go crazy not being able to go for walks!) So the following are some of our adventures:

Mike was on an indoor soccer team. Andrew and I like to go when we can (sometimes the games are super late). On this particular day, one of the kids that Mike coaches (also named Mike) was there and stayed to watch the game. Andrew loved to follow him around and feel a little more like a "big" boy. Here they are pointing at the action.


One of the main reasons I have loved going to Mike's soccer games is because I get to meet up with friends! Here is Chelsea and Truman Jones, Me and Andrew, & Andrea and Jocelyn Egbert. I sure love visiting these ladies...just wish we could get together more often!


After this particular game, the Egbert's were able to come visit. I think Andrew might have a crush on their little girl, Jocelyn.


There is a pretty great restaurant called,Pirate Island, in Orem by the mall. We decided to check it out one day and it was a huge success! Not only was the food good, but the whole place is decked out in fantastic pirate decorations! However, the best part was probably the indoor playground and arcade! It's perfect for kids...especially squirmy ones. Andrew loved being able to play while we waited for our food! I highly recommend it!

They gave Andrew a pirate hat. He decided that's not what he wanted to be because this was the closest we could get him to wearing it.


Riding a zebra on the carousel


Abandon ship!


Harrrrr, Matey's!


And FINALLY...here is what we have been up to the last few weeks. My gandpa (Papa) went to see family in Idaho and was gone for the weekend so we made sure to take extra good care of his dog, Liza. Andrew especially loved taking her for walks.






We didn't really dress up for Halloween this year. Mike had to work most of the day and Andrew is still a bit young for trick-or-treating. So...my mom and I took him to HeeHaw farms and had a blast!!! Andrew was so funny...he spent most of our time there in awe of the animals and hay bales! We definitely need to go again!

What do you think? Yep...being a farmer suits him!


Grandma Moody and Andrew looking at the fluffy chicken. This chicken was hilarious and I think my mom had some special bond with it. Every time she would cluck at it, it would cluck right on back....hmmm,who knew my mom was the chicken whisperer!?


Potato-sack Slide! WHOO-HOOOOOOO...


HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....!!!!


Fun times on the Tractor ride!


Ha, ha...remember the one time on, The Office, when Jim suggests that for a party they should have a two-way petting zoo...you know, where you pet the animals and the animals pet you back. These photos sort of remind of that. :-)




Swinging on the horse swing


Thanks for so much fun, HeeHaw's!!!


Well, I believe this ends my huge post! If you read all of this, then WOW! Thanks for hanging in there...if not, phew...I don't blame you. :-)

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow, long post! It's so fun to see what you guys are up to though! I hope Andrew does have a crush on Jocelyn. That would be just fine with me. :) HeeHaws looked like a blast. I'm going to need to go there next year. We've been wanting to get together with you two!

ps- facebook says it is your birthday tomorrow... so HAPPY BIRTHDAY :)

Becki R said...

Okay I read about half and then I just looked at pictures...sorry? And I hadn't read blogs in a while and just read your immigration stuff! Oh my gosh--I'm so sorry! When I was living in Chile I got a big scare on my visa too and it is scary! I am glad that things are working out alright!!

Meredith said...

I love it all! Such a cute family. By the way, I totally get cabin fever in the winter, too - let's do a play date before you head to Scotland. I'll start a game of phone tag, soon :)

Andrea Jolene said...

Yep. Still have a crush on your little brother! He's pretty stinking cute. That's the closest I will ever get to being a cougar. Ever.

Andrea Jolene said...

PS: Your other brother is a rather dashing man as well. What a good lookin bunch.

Jonathan and Laura said...

I'm so glad you posted those pictures. It's fun to see Andrew growing up. He's so cute! And your hair is super cute!

Chelsey said...

That was an amazing long, but really cool post. How long did that one take? I totally understand how time flies and then you have to organize all your pictures to make a post. Thanks for sharing. There were so many cute ones (like Andrew wearing Mike's glasses and eating his tomato soup in the shower). As for which place should you choose for a home in Scotland, I say the last one. Then all your friends from you entire life can all come and visit at the same time and we can all have our own room!